Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The Almost Essentials and Other Good Stuff

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I've almost got this thing done. I need to fill a few more spots.

    Here's what I have so far (without land):

    New stuff no longer in bold, I forgot what's new.

    Aether Vial
    Blacker Lotus
    Chaos Orb
    Darksteel Ingot
    Draco
    Duplicant
    Erratic Portal
    Grinning Totem
    Ivory Tower
    Jack-in-the-Mox
    Journeyer's Kite
    Lotus Bloom
    Mangara's Tome
    Mesmeric Orb
    Mirari
    Oblivion Stone
    Platinum Angel

    Agonizing Demise
    Beacon of Unrest
    Bone Shredder
    Coffin Queen
    Decree of Pain
    Diabolic Edict
    Diabolic Intent
    Diabolic Servitude
    Extinction
    Faceless Butcher
    Grim Tutor
    Krovikan Horror
    Mind Twist
    Nezumi Graverobber
    Night Dealings
    Phyrexian Plaguelord
    Sudden Spoiling
    Twilight's Call
    Twisted Abomination
    Zombify

    Arcane Denial
    Braingeyser
    Cheatyface
    Chromeshell Crab
    Compulsion
    Deep Analysis
    Desertion
    Diminishing Retruns
    Dissipate
    Dizzy Spell
    Greater Morphling
    Impulse
    Ixidron
    Johnny, Combo Player
    Keiga the Tide Star
    Magus of the Bazzar
    Mischievous Quanar
    Plaxmanta
    Pulse of the Grid
    Quash
    Quicksilver Dragon
    Quicksilver Elemental
    Rhystic Study
    Shoreline Ranger
    Spell Counter
    Trinket Mage
    Vesuvan Shapeshifter
    Vex

    Asmira Holy Avenger
    Aura Shards
    Captain Sissy
    Coiling Oracle
    Decimate
    Fires of Yavimaya
    Hymn of Rebirth
    Jungle Barrier
    Lightning Angel
    Mystic Snake
    Numot the Devastator
    Phantom Nishoba
    Reparations
    Rith, the Awakener
    Saffi Eriksdotter
    Soltari Guerrillas
    Trygon Predator
    Undermine

    Assult/Battery
    Order/Chaos
    Who/What/When/Where/Why

    Avatar of Might
    Caller of the Claw
    Deranged Hermit
    Elvish Aberration
    Far Wanderings
    Forgotten Ancient
    Glissa Sunseeker
    Harrow
    Hystrodon
    Indrik Stomphowler
    Krosan Grip
    Land Aid 04
    Land Grant
    Loaming Shaman
    Magus of the Library
    Multani, Maro Sorcerer
    Nantuko Blightcutter
    Perilous Forrays
    Quirion Explorer
    Rampant Growth
    Ravenous Baloth
    Reap and Sow
    Reincarnation
    Scarwood Bandits
    Sylvok Explorer
    Thallid Shell Dweller
    Timmy, Power Gamer
    Utopia Tree
    Verdeloth the Ancient
    Veteran Explorer
    Viridian Shaman
    Viridian Zealot
    Werebear
    Wild Mongrel
    Worldly Tutor

    Ancient Hydra
    Bloodfire Colossus
    Cinder Elemental
    Goblin Bombardment
    Desolation Giant
    Gamble
    Grab the Reins
    Kumano, Master Yamabushi
    Magma Giant
    Ryusei, the Falling Star
    Shard Phoenix
    Starstorm
    Viashino Heretic

    Aura of Silence
    Aven Cloudchaser
    Avenger en-Dal
    Chastise
    Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
    Devout Witness
    Exile
    Final Judgement
    Guardian of the Guildpact
    Gift of Estates
    Karmic Guide
    Kirtar's Wrath
    Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
    Mageta the Lion
    Mangara of Corondor
    Masako the Humorless
    Noble Templar
    Radiant, Archangel
    Radiant's Dragoons
    Radiant's Judgement
    Retribution of the Meek
    Rout
    Sacred Ground
    Seal of Cleansing
    Soltari Visionary
    Sunscape Battlemage
    Stonecloaker
    Yosei, the Morning Star

    Well, it seems full unless there's any other grand suggestions.

    <font color="#C0C0C0" size="1">[ March 21, 2007 01:51 PM: Message edited by: kerbythepurplecow ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Currently Sisay has 18 potential fetches. 5 land, 12 creatures, 1 Mirari. She's not nearly as abusable as in the actual Essentials. I'll probably try to add a bit more utility to her fetches. Draco should be legendary. Happily, Trinket Mage will also be able to fetch lands in this deck. I need every tutory type effect I can get because most are already in the Essentials.

    I'm currently considering Zombify and Soltari Visionary. I need 5 more black cards to hit the min. With the 40% creatures I'm working towards, I think Zombify has merit. The visionary just rocks.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GrimJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sisay is only a single voice (1) among a chorus of almost essentials (500+).

    When you have the fortune to flop her down on the table, she will be a gamebreaker, regardless if there are 18 legends or 180 legends.

    I know I like flopping Sisay on the table.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I added in some new stuff. It's in bold. I added some utility legends. I do note that I need not play tons for the sole purpose of Sisay. Quite a few are playable anytime.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    396
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Skeletal Vampire and Sengir Nosferatu are solid black critters that have great abilities.

    Kagemaro, First to Suffer is a nice way to clear the board, might be useful fo rthe deck.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just added a couple more wrath effects, so that's fine. I'm trying to stick with light black, i.e. no double b in the cc unless it's super good.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    396
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    About to go to bed so I won't say much, but I would suggest those creatures most of those creatures be legends to help abuse Sisay... tutor tutor tutor tutor yeah...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I updated again. I'm down to like 4 more cards needed. Probably all creatures unless I find something really good. Make that three. I guess I'll finally play my Grim Tutor. Tutor effects are hard to find.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I think that's it. I added the Grim Tutor, Noble Templar, Shoreline Ranger, and Elvish Abberation. That should cap it off nicely. I'm still open to suggestions. I may go over the 250 mark and let this one climb towards 300 or 400 hundred. We'll see. This thread will probably close tomorrow as it's no longer necessary. (: Thanks!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GrimJack:


    I know I like flopping Sisay on the table.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Once you go black, you never go back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •